my 84 chevy k20 as i was driving about 82 miles from my home, as i reached around 60 mile mark give our take the truck started making a weird noise and losing power. but as i kept going with my foot pushed all the way down on the gas pedal and not being able to go over 40 it sounded like something broke off underneath th truck and shut off on me. as i pulled to the side off the road smoke fille the cab and all around the truck i looked underneath the truck and there was oil leaking evrywhere as well as exploded oil underneath the hood on the passengers side any help on what parts i need to get to fix it and drive it back home would be highly appreciated

Asked by Mar 04, 2017 at 01:42 PM about the 1984 Chevrolet C/K 20

is my problem the oil filter because that could of been what I lost when it started acting up. I'm getting a ride to were its at but I was hoping somebody couldlet me know if I buy the oil filter and fix it if I will be able to make it home

85,605

No guarantee it is the oil filter, and for something like that to happen, I don't think you would be driving it home. You never know tho, also consider the oil pressure sending unit. So I would bring tools, an oil pressure sending unit, and a oil filter plus 5 quarts of oil. There is a pressure relief valve there when you take the oil filter off that sometimes gets stuck.