I have a 1985 Chevy C10 pickup with a 350 with a 4 barrel quadrajet carb. I have an issue in which I cannot go over 45 without it cutting our and dying. I began when the fuel tank was leaking and replaced the tank and the sending unit. After replacing these is when the issue showed up. I thought maybe the fuel pump was bad so i replaced that also and still have the problem. I have tested the fuel pressure and I have enough pressure and the filter is not plugged. I am getting at my wits end with this issue and my son would like to be able to drive it again. Any answers would be great.

Asked by Oct 28, 2015 at 07:23 PM about the 1985 Chevrolet C/K 10

83,625

Have you looked at the ignition? Check cap and rotor, look at the rotor close on the underneath side in the center, for a white spot with black carbon trail, this is a burnt spot, spark running to ground. Normally I would think a fuel issue, what was the fuel pressure?

79,125

Make sure that you don't have the fuel and EVAP lines mixed up. Also, try, for testing purposes, running it without the gas cap on. If it then runs ok either the gas cap is bad or there's a problem with the EVAP system. Either can cause a vacuum in the gas tank that can prevent the fuel pump from pumping. It doesn't happen too often, but it can happen. HTH. -Jim