gas primed

Asked by Aug 20, 2015 at 08:33 PM about the 1979 Chevrolet C/K 10

have a 1978 chevy cheynne full size pu two wheel drive and 350 engine. Has dual tanks.
My problem is when the pu sits for more then 24 hrs I cannot start it without priming the
carb.  I even have a completely different engine and carb and it still does this. Does
anyone know about  a switch fuel switch on the fuel line that would not close or whats
happenning

22,545

well if the bowles/ both carbs are ok..they should not leak down>??? should start and run with the gas in them carb/bowles ...not enough info???

90,635

Actually sounds like a fuel pump check valve failure. but there is also a common problem with quadrajet carbs, the well plugs in the bottom of the carb leak and so the carb is totally dry when you try to start it up after it has sat a while. So you may want to check both of those.

22,545

yea...