my 350 turbo transmission will not shift in to a high gear.

Asked by May 25, 2015 at 05:12 PM about the 1976 Chevrolet C/K 10

my 350 turbo transmission will not shift in to a high gear. what could be the reason for it ?even when I use the gear shift on the column it will not get out of low gear.

68,545

If it's not shifting at all, check the vacuum line going from the intake manifold to the vacuum modulator on the passenger's side of the transmission. Make sure that it's connected and not kinked or damaged. If that's ok, check the kick down cable at the carb. Be sure it's hooked up. HTH. -Jim

68,545

I'm assuming, of course you checked the fluid level and it's ok. -Jim