Im not geting any spark

Asked by Dec 06, 2015 at 01:46 PM about the 1975 Chevrolet C/K 10

I have replaced the distributor,
plugs, wires, its geting gas and it
cranks

No answer yet

1,295

have you replaced the coil, have you checked you are getting power from the starter switch to the low tension side of the coil and the distributor if you have checked everything else then it must be one of these, if you have any problem take the automobile down to your local shop and the technician should be able to get you rolling again, and you are good at pointing out the obvious aren't you

47,565

Do you have electronic ignition or points?

52,105

HEI system in there, you say you replaced the distributor? With a new one or an old one. You got the coil pickup, & ignition module that would come new with a new distributor. The coil, cap & rotor of course need to be in working order, then if you have the distributor in the right place. These are the most common things to check for spark.

61,345

Are you getting power to the ignition coil? Are you getting power to the ignition switch? Have you checked the wiring down by the starter? HTH. -Jim