75 Chev 350 .30 over.going in to 4x4 truck.Standerd trans is geared low.Dana 44 front and rear .what would be a good cam and head combo.vortec heads?would like to stay under $2000 thanks.

Asked by Dec 20, 2014 at 06:35 PM about the 1975 Chevrolet C/K 10

John Carson

What are you looking for? To use as a work truck to haul and or pull a trailer? Use a cam that has power at the low end. For driving around to work or to the kids ball games? Mid range cam. For mudding, power runs, racing or street show off? Get a cam with long duration, long lift, and top end power. GM makers heads to fit your needs and pocket book. rebuilt heads are cheaper, but for power get heads with a higher compression level, then think of going up to premium gas. You first must know what you want, need, or can afford. go on line and see what is available from Chevy, or other manufacturers. Edelbrock sells complete head/cam set-ups to mate to your desires. It will be over budget of 2 grand, but you can get an idea of what your looking at and for. Some engine rebuilds or crate engines may be the way to go. Think of usi9ng a stroker kit, (400 crank) to beef up the HP also. Also sold in crate engines.