Help!!!! My 2005 dodge neon is overheating n I can't figure out why??? New thermostat and radiator already....could it b fan sensor? Only does it when it's been driven for a long distance in a day?

Asked by Aug 28, 2014 at 12:04 AM about the 2005 Dodge Neon

After radiator was replaced it did fine
for a week or so. My mechanic
already burped the system and said
it didn't appear to b head
gasket...fans are working but havnt
done a test yet to see if it's working
properly when car gets heated up.
No water appears to b leaking either.
Is something in water pump not
working properly???

50,355

Ok. Do the fans ever come on? Have your. Mechanic check that out. My advice is find out what the problem is. Fix it. Sell it. Neon's are horable cars and become money pits.

Yes! Fans come on if started and I turn a/c on but I need to check if they are coming on when it starts to overheat.... Problem is it's kind of random and my mechanic can't get it to start to overheat for him! I don't really know much about cars. Could it b my water pump is not circulating correctly?

35,185

the water pump will be either good- or bad and fail- not much in between- your mechanic should be able to help with this- two tests can be done to replicate conditions: one, let the truck just idle for an hour- two, drive the car a long distance and bring it in to the mechanic while it's hot- he could also try checking this with the AC on-

10

Everything has been checked and replaced,however I put a new radiator in 2016 and the fan is from a 2004 I now have a 2005 fan,the questions I have is should I put the used fan because it's good and also replaced the water pump and temperature sensor from air intake. I have a 2005 Dodge Neon Sxt , I have done everything else even had it pressured.