2005 dodge neon wont crank over but power to everything elce

145

Asked by Sep 14, 2012 at 10:44 PM about the 2005 Dodge Neon

hello i have a 2005 dodge neon i was deriving home the other day from work and the car jolted a bit not much but it
was noticeable so i pilled over the car and turned it off , i went under the hood and checked everything seemed fine
so went to turn the car on and it dose nothing at all no sound , so i checked my fuses  my battery and terminals all
seemed good and had someone try to jump me but none of that worked . please help me i need my car to get to
work as i live out of town

145

i got the red circle check engine light and my oil light come on my friend tried to use a code reader on my car but it did not work for him

120

Check your neutral safety switch. Shift the car into neutral (WHILE HOLDING THE BREAK) and try to start it. if it starts go to autozone have them check it this will only work and short time. If it doesn't work, then it could be the Computer

Best Answer
145

ok i just tried that but still nothing, I was told that it could be the wire running from the battery to the starter could have shorted out or like you said it might be the computer but im hoping its not the computer i dont have much to spend atm

145

i found out its the computer , so i am getting one tomrowo i was wondering how do you go about changeing it ?i dont have much money and i have to do it myself so any advice would be great

15

so what happend? im haveing the same troubles.

140

Did the computer work when you got one

50

I worked on a 2004 neon with a no crank no start problem I found that the four connectors on the PCM were a little loose by pushing on then one at a time I got the relay in the power distribution box to click so then it would turn over and run for a secound or two then using the key I locked and unlocked the driver door twice then again using the key I opened the trunk lid closed it then started it up have had no problems since I tried this after cleaning and trouble shooting and could not find any reason for it not to start or crank over good luck !!!

I have a 2005 Dodge Neon SRT that won't start but cranks over and over and over but will not start what in the world could it be

its very simple its a part in the in the ignition switch its the actuator pin it breaks all the time