89 Aries K

20

Asked by Sep 20, 2011 at 01:08 AM about the 1989 Dodge Aries

Where is the fuel pump relay located on this car?  Mine just stops running, no
warning, then after a few minutes, will restart, run fine, sometimes for weeks,
though lately it's happening more frequently.  I've replaced the Hall Effect, the
ignition coil, fuel injector, etc.  Any ideas?  Is the pump going bad, or is the relay
going out?

20

In spite of statistical odds to the contrary, I had gotten TWO bad Hall Effect switches ("pick ups") in a row. One from Auto Zone and one from NAPA (their "value" line, "Mileage Plus." NAPA was great, they replaced the second one free, under warranty, AND upgraded it to their premium line, "Echilin." There is the possibility that something in the computer was burning them up, but with a new computer, that should be resolved. Time will tell.

I had a cross jump problem also the same. The problem was that my ecu had gotten fried, changed it with already programed on and now I'm good to go.