My radiator over fill keeps emptying out and my temperature needle goes all the way hot when I run my heater, what can be wrong? My car is a 88 dodge aries and I just replaced the thermostat and pressure cap.

Asked by Aug 08, 2014 at 08:14 AM about the 1988 Dodge Aries

Car looses fluid in radiator over fill and temp. needle goes all the way hot when heater is

Possibly head gasket issue. Also could be radiator hoses collapsing. You sure there is no air in the cooling system?

wow- a Dodge Aries! have the cooling system pressure tested, ASAP, that is a dangerous problem-

Have you replaced the thermostat? One sign that you have a blown head gasket is to smell your exhaust. If it has a sickeningly sweet smell (steaming antifreeze/water) then you need to replace your head gaskets and possibly machine the heads. DO NOT get down and breath in a bunch of carbon monoxide from your tail pipe. Standing a few feet away after the car has warmed up you should be able to detect the odor.