Had body repair done and the next day my signal light flashed fast

Asked by Mar 02, 2012 at 05:28 PM about the 2006 Dodge Caravan

I had my dodge caravan 2006 in on Wednesday for body repair to the right front bumper and side door.  The next day my front right blinker was blinking fast when turned on.  I meant to call the shop that did the body repair but forgot and went back out later that day and the right blinker is no longer blinking fast.  What does this mean could it be that they caused a wire to be lose.  Please help two months ago I got all the lights in the front replaced.  Could it also be that a disturbance was caused to the light bulb ignitor when they did body work.

11,965

one of your bulbs is out. prolly just a coincidence of the work that was done.

35

Def. a bad bulb, or just not connected... maybe from the repair. Easy fix.

2,755

Going on what you have said it is possible that the wiring or bulb holder have been damaged, it is possible that the wiring has been stretched and broken inside the plastic shroud. Try wiggling the wiring whilst turning on the indicater, it may show itself.

11,965

^or the bulb is blown....

35

A lot of times, a bulb will go ( filement breaks ), but remains CLOSE enough to still have an arc of electricity cross. This is why it will SOMETIMES work.... and other times not . Take the bulb out, hold it up to bright light and tap it. If you see the filement move AT ALL..... it is gone.