I own a Honda City Ivtec 2009 Model .One of my friend Told me that By not Pulling Up and Using HAND BRAKES , we can Increase our mileage by almost 1 KMPL . Instead of hand Brakes we should use Foot Br

Asked by Apr 29, 2015 at 02:13 PM about the 2007 Honda City

I own a Honda City Ivtec 2009 Model .One of my friend Told me that By not Pulling Up and Using HAND BRAKES , we can Increase our mileage by almost 1 KMPL . Instead of hand Brakes we should use Foot Brakes... Is this True ?

Hand brakes? You mean Parking brake...the lever by the console? You NEVER use that for brakes ever. That is Parking or emergency brake that by-passes hydraulics and mechanically uses rear only. Has nothing to do with gas mileage. use the foot brake ONLY ALWAYS. Or am I missing something here? You stop with the lever?

I use hand brake while my car is standing still at a red light stoppage

No need for that. Just keep your foot on pedal.