No air pressure 1999 grand voyager 3.0L Se

Asked by Apr 06, 2016 at 08:53 PM about the 1999 Chrysler Voyager

There is no air pressure in my vents. My blower
motor died and I replace it correctly. I installed
everything and I can hear the blower b motor
working. There is still no air pressure in vents? I'm
truly love stuck on this. I pulied it back out and bits
hooked up correctly. I put it in and no air comes
out?

1,710

Did u have it before? If you did I would guess you disconnected a vac or line in the process. Look real closely. Even check fuses in case

Before The blower motor was dying Then the motor blower died Then I did not have any air pressure Now I installed new blower motor Now I can hear it working Now there is still no air pressure I can feel the heat but no air is coming out of vent. My first thought was clogged heater core My second thought was faulty thermostat

1,710

If there is wind being produced but is not escaping there is a vent closed somewhere. Did you check outside in and around heater core or right below window under hood. Sometimes the vac lines leak or deteriorate. Look real carefully, even listen for escaping/suckng air.

No escaping air evident. I wish I knew where the actually vac lines are. I have an idea as to the location but I'm not positive. For the vent being closed, where can I access the vent that may be closed?

I got all the oem manuals for it but that would include an extra drive to storage. Maybe there is a resource online?

1,710

No I don't know resource for vac lines, maybe dealer? But also check your heat controls ,are they working, are they electronically controlled?

My heat controls? As in the knobs that I turn to turn up the heat? Or the slider dealy, that allows me to choose between heat or AC? If you referring to the slider dealy, then yes that works. I can feel heat when I slide the slider dealy to heat and vice versa to AC. The fan knob works. I can hear the motor fan when I turn it up but it sounds a bit rough even with a new motor. The fan is a little bit bent but it still works. When I pull it all put it runs and I can feel fan pressure. When I put it back in, it vibrates and is a little bit rough. However, I still should be getting fan pressure. I looked under my hood but I could'nt hear any hissing noises. No air pressure under any of my vents. If I have a cloged vent, how would I know how to diagnosis that or how do I check?

My car has been over heating. Before, I would turn the fan in the inside on to full max heat etc and that would bring my tempature back down to normal standings. I know I have a valve problem because of the ticking sound or I would guess. I noticed that while I was driving turning the fan for the inside cabin caused my car to over heat more quickly. I am not driving it now. I would go to the mechanice bUT I can't afford that. I am c.n.a and I've been serving the elderly for over 9 years. It doesn't pay to well. I finally called my job and I placed myself on suspension. My car not working is a problem. I live in it to due to raising rent prices in area. Luckily I have a small tool supply and down the road there is a baxter auto parts. For now I am posted at Lents park in Portland Oregon. My mechanical abilities are growing but I'm still an idiot. God help me. Sincerely the medical, Mark.

My heat controls are operated by a slider switch on the front console below the stereo. I feel heat coming but no fan pressure. If I had fan pressure, I could do a coolant flush, which is needed. I could also flush my heater core as well. No fan pressure....hmmm mm. I do see that before i installed new motor, turning the fan speed on would cool down my engine. Now it makes it worse. I am not going to drive it anymore. The last trip was to pick up the oem manuals for storage.

1,710

The most basic things are usually this, (but other things could b true) 1. Fan spinning and running =air being produced 2. No air coming out of vents=blocked or improperly working vents not allowing air to escape 3. No heat=plugged heater core, vent allowing cold air to come in more than heat, thermostat not working, restricted hoses com in to heater core. Did u just plug new fan in or rewire? Could u have rewired fan turning wrong direction? For most part i think this is one issue and than you Have additional/seperate problem.

The blower motor fan runs clockwise. I was told it doesn't matter how I wire it. I put the black to blue and the red to the other wire. It could be a blocked vent? I have the oem manuals for the vehicle but I can't find the article under "vents" The other issue is that it does over heat. I suspect that the coolant isn't getting in or the fans aren't working properly. I have plenty of coolant in the radiator.

1,710

A fan can run in reverse, I know I did it. Same as a house fan can run opposite. U could try reversing wires to make sure. The other thing with overheat as the car STARTS to get hot the radiator fan should go on, just watch it, just dont let it get to hot. If fan doesn't go on typically its fan motor or the fan motor sensor on top of engine that's bad. If fan works could be a clogged radiator not allowing water to go through to get cooled or a thermostat not working properly. All these are the most basic things but other things might apply.