I'm looking at an '81 CJ5 with a GM Iron Duke 151, 2.5L engine. I know almost nothing about these and would like some advice. Should I buy it or run away?

Asked by Nov 14, 2014 at 09:01 AM about the 1981 Jeep CJ5

22,725

Unless you have a lot of money, and think a jeep is worth pouring it into, just walk away- you don't have to run as that jeep could not catch you-

355

That is what I have, I did have to replace a lot of worn parts. Be sure to install solid axles instead of the two piece. This engine is almost impossible to stall. Low One is slower than walking but is unstoppable. Be sure you have matching intake and exhaust manifolds they work together. Have not found alot of after market but also have not looked, I like mine original, DON'T FIX WHAT AIN'T BROKE. JEEP= Just Empty Every Pocket Put lockers front and back, I do not get stuck. Driving one on the street is alot like trying to drive a snake at times.