79 jeep 304 back pressure sensor

Asked by Mar 14, 2009 at 06:42 AM about the 1979 Jeep CJ5

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

Does anyone know where I can find a replacement Back Pressure Sensor for a
1979 Jeep CJ-5 with a 304?

The sensor regulates the function of the EGR Valve.

I tried all the local shops and the Jeep dealserships and nobody knows
where to find one.

1 Answer


are you in a smog state? if not just dismantle the whole system and make an EGR block off plate and block the exhaust ports with bolts or just buy a set of headers

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions

Search Jeep CJ5 Questions

Jeep CJ5 Experts

#1 tennisshoes
Reputation 90
#1 F_O_R
Reputation 90
#3 T_S_T
Reputation 50
View All

Related Models For Sale

Used Jeep CJ7
31 listings
Used Jeep Cherokee
459 Great Deals out of 52,444 listings starting at $1,800
Used Jeep Wagoneer
12 listings
Used Ford Bronco
196 listings
Used Ford F-150
2,194 Great Deals out of 206,316 listings starting at $1,499
Used Chevrolet Corvette
119 Great Deals out of 20,753 listings starting at $3,000
Used Chevrolet Camaro
226 Great Deals out of 30,943 listings starting at $1,217

Used Cars For Sale

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.