Installing fuel injection on '71 CJ with Buick V6

Asked by Jan 03, 2011 at 12:05 PM about the 1971 Jeep CJ5

I am purchasing a 71 CJ that someone has put a buick V6 231 into.
I am looking for a Fuel Injection system for it.

Thanks
Las Vegas, Red Rock Canyon

355

I would personally swap in a new engine rather then go with a standalone system from a company like holley or edelbrock. I do have some formal training under my belt in electronics and computer control systems though. Most standalones will be throttle body injection which is kinda shitty for the money that you dish out for it. for half the cost of one of those systems I could find a used engine complete with ecu and harness completely ready to run.

135

While I agree that the standalone systems are overpriced they do offer advantages, easier starts, no flooding at high tilt angles, and improved mileage. For a person that doesnt have a lot of training they will be much easier to install. The Buick v6 makes a nice power to weight ratio and can produce about 50%+ more power over stock, with a cam, high flow intake, and headers. Good Luck