New to site, I have a 1969 Cj-5 no motor does have a Tranny. Body is like 95% Great condition. What motor , is it Possible to put on a different chasis or just go with a sm blk, IDK what to do, which

5

Asked by Oct 20, 2017 at 12:34 PM about the 1969 Jeep CJ-5

My Cj-5 has no motor
Tranny Yes!
Like to know what to go with which would be easier
another chassis and just put my body on it?
or motor like a small block if not to much of a hassle.

120,145

I would install a Jeep 6 cylinder but you can get kits to install a small block Chevy if that is what you want.

5

Mark , Thanks a Bunch how much of a process is it with the changes or is their legion of changes? Will I be able to use the original transmission that came with my Jeep?

120,145

I think that depends on the transmission. If it is an auto I doubt it can handle the torque of a V8. http://www.jeepfan.com/tech/v8-conversions/