Recommended sales price?

Asked by Jul 05, 2008 at 11:45 PM about the 1969 Jeep CJ5

What would be a good recommended sales price on a decent (not excellent or poor) 1969 CJ-5?  It has a V-6, and a three speed transmission.  It looks in fair condition, but will need some work.  Has some noise in the rear end.

Also, what is the gas mileage like?

I used to own a 1995 Wrangler with a straight 4 and hated the mpg, power, etc.  The thing I liked is I could get into small places, go through the snow with no problems, etc.  It was fun to have except when on the freeway with no power.

1,500.00 to 2,200.00,most anything 4 wheel drive is worth 2,500.00 but since you say it has a rearend noise,that will knock some $ off the price.

35

I sold my 1972 Cj-5 Jeep for $1,500 in one night. It had a 6 cyl engine, the 4 speed sm420 tranny in it, with the Model 20 Xfer Case. Its rear end was slipping on the limited slip with a shaking vibration on left hand turns, and the front axle was 100% blown up from racing at competition hill in Pismo Beach. The Xfer case also had a major leak in it and the engine did not like to start. It was primor black and many dings and dents on it. Some guys like project cars so you should easily get $1,500 for that jeep man if I could sell my other jeep for that.

Bull-sh--. A decent69 cj5 with a v6. Add 4000 front to back mechanical clean up you have a 15000 plus vehicle. 69 cj5 with v6 is a sought after jeep and with a good mechanical once over makes the vehicle a good resale or good recreation vehicle for yourself. I've redone 2 and have one for myself. Great fun.