Please help with my 1959 Jeep CJ5

Asked by Jul 14, 2015 at 03:14 PM about the 1959 Jeep CJ5

I'm having trouble finding the correct front wheel cylinders and brake hoses for my 1959
Jeep CJ5. Mine were angled where the hoses screwed in to the wheel cylinders and I'm
only finding straight hose connection cylinders which don't fit.
The original front wheel cylinders are 1 inch diameter cylinders with the attachment holes
for the flexible brake hose to enter at an angle, as the brake hoses approach from behind
the cylinders, not straight (90 degrees) toward the cylinders like the rear wheel cylinders. I
also see that there is an adapter that is essentially a short, S shaped steel brake line with
flare fittings on each end that serve as an adapter for the flexible brake hose. I recently
purchased a pair of those S shaped adapters, but I'm unable to find hoses long enough to
fit with those adapters.
Can someone please tell me what's going on with this?
Joe Calcagno, RARE Corvettes

Try your local NAPA or rockauto.can. I work for NAPA and we have, in stock, front brake hoses for a '39 Packard. So if anyone can get them for you, NAPA can. You may also be able to get the rebuild kits for the wheel cylinders. HTH. -Jim

try Walcks jeep restoration parts online