What would be a good Motor and Trans for a 55 CJ5 Jeep

CrazyJeep55
0

Asked by Dec 14, 2012 at 05:35 PM about the 1955 Jeep CJ5

Could you please help me get strared on what is the best way to go with this. I would like to put in a inline 6 but if that will not work a V6 with trans and transfer case is fine.

NVSmith
105

Advance Adapters and Novak both make adapter kits. I prefer Advance because they go into greater detail on what will and won't fit your Jeep. Check them out.

Mike Webb
35

try advanced adapters if your hooked on the inline 6 or go with a chevy 4.3l v6 out of a late 80's to early 90's pickup they get decent fuel mileage and decent power.not as much torque as straight 6 but it's still a decent motor