What would be a good Motor and Trans for a 55 CJ5 Jeep

Asked by Dec 14, 2012 at 05:35 PM about the 1955 Jeep CJ5

Could you please help me get strared on what is the best way to go with this. I would like to put in a inline 6 but if that will not work a V6 with trans and transfer case is fine.

125

Advance Adapters and Novak both make adapter kits. I prefer Advance because they go into greater detail on what will and won't fit your Jeep. Check them out.

35

try advanced adapters if your hooked on the inline 6 or go with a chevy 4.3l v6 out of a late 80's to early 90's pickup they get decent fuel mileage and decent power.not as much torque as straight 6 but it's still a decent motor