i got a 2004 jetta 4 1.6,and recently it started to give me problems ,it doenst have power like before and now the axhaust it sounds funny,and the fuel consumption its too high

Asked by Dec 25, 2013 at 09:38 AM about the 2004 Volkswagen Bora

its a jetta 4 1.6 2004 south african. im thinking to do an engine overaul,cos now it got 406000 km on an odo meter..is it advisable or i must get a replacement engine

How longs since your last major tune up? Is it smoking or making any knocking noises? Engine might be ok. Does it have a catilitic converter on it? If so it could be just stopped up with that many km on it. That's what I would check into first.

just get a replacement engine- or,better yet, a replacement car