1600 /16 valve bora engine smokiing badly on start up and burning oil

Asked by Mar 01, 2008 at 03:34 PM about the 2001 Volkswagen Bora

1600/16 valve bora, heavy blue smoke on start up and burning oil since recent cylinder head repair/skim / valves and new stem seals. any ideas? g. tomlinson. surrey

6,495

I would be going back to whoever did the head. What you are describing is the symptoms for which you did. Normally what you are describing you car is doing is the reason for the work you had done. Something is wrong..... I would go back to him/her and ask them to have a look at it.

35

Find out if they resurfaced the engine block as well, that might be the problem.