my 1987 mazda b2000 turns over and starts sometimes?

Asked by Apr 16, 2012 at 12:58 PM about the 1987 Mazda B2000

it just sits there and turns over im sill getting fuel and spark does anyone know what it could be?
i got a new coil and plugs and wires i looked at my cap and rotor on my distibutor and my rotor is touching my cap could that be my problem because the distributor is what ignites your fuel and thats what i tink it could be but i could be wrong.

1,295

If you get sparks at the spark plug and fuel to the injectors, then one possiblity could be that you got the high tension leads mixed up and the fiering order is wrong ? Could also be the fact that you're not getting constant spark due to a problem with the distributor.