Hi I am in the process of changing a clutch in a 06 Pontiac pursuit 2.2 L. What's the best way to do it. Drop the whole frame that contains the motor & trany. I don't have a hoist.

Asked by Mar 29, 2013 at 12:21 PM about the 2006 Pontiac Pursuit

You are going to have to use a service bay because it is practically impossible to breathe with the weight of a transmission on your belly...the shop with the lift also will have a transmission jack so you won't have to do a balancing act as well...really can't recommend you do this...I used to be a professional mechanic and have it done by someone else. as this job is fussy, from finding and removing the pilot bearing (frequently overlooked) disassembly and facing of the flywheel, replacement or inspection of the slave cylinder and disassembly of the u-joints (if rwd)- Unless you're built big like around 225 lbs do not recommend this job unassisted.~

got a "cherry picker" these will take the load off...autoparts stores will rent them~