my 2006 pursuit will not start.

Asked by Dec 23, 2012 at 11:46 AM about the 2006 Pontiac Pursuit

There is no compression on the motor.Would the cam shaft sensor cause this problem?

3,035

no

What would cause this problem???

102,345

The '06 Pursuit has the 2.4L Ecotec engine that has a timing chain. It could be that the chain broke (bad) or jumped a cog. I say bad because it's a interference engine and losing the chain would end up bending valves. Since you said that it has no compression, I guess that you did a compression test. What are the numbers?

Best Answer Mark helpful

Thank you for you're answer I'll have to get it checked out.

102,345

You can easily pull the cam cover and inspect the chain at the end of the cams. Remove the coil packs like you did with the compression test and then remove the cover bolts. A couple of nuts at the drivers side end are tricky and they're easier to get to with the air box out and the emissions canister out of the way.