I have a 1971 C10 with a 3 speed on the column. I can put the shifter in all 3 gears and reverse but when I let out the clutch the truck does not want to move until i accelerate and increase the RPM.

Asked by Jul 07, 2015 at 09:27 PM about the 1971 Chevrolet C10

I am asking this question again to clarify my first question. My question wasn't clear what
I intended to say was that I have to accelerate and increase to a very high RPMs in order
for the truck to begin moving at all. I can let out the clutch in any gear and the truck will
just sit there idling it won't stall or anything.

Is the clutch good?is driveshaft spinning when is is in gear?

As far as I know the clutch is good. There is no noise or odor that indicates to me the clutch is bad, but I don't know for sure it could be I'm no expert on clutches. How can I know for sure if it is good or not. Also no the drive shaft does not turn. I've been working on the linkage on the steering column. Trying to check to see if it is going in gear all the way or not. What do you think?

The clutch seem to have a full pedal. When the trucks rear end is on jack stands the wheels will spin in all gears. when it is off the stands the truck will not move, and the drive shaft does not turn. after checking the linkage on the column it is moving freely and shifting the linkage fully on the column and the transmision