66 chevy c10 motor mount conversion

Asked by Feb 17, 2013 at 01:50 PM about the 1966 Chevrolet C10

What kind of motor mount perch can I purchase to move to motor 2 inches foward because my valve covers are hitting the firewall on the cab?

you know you could make some 'adapter plates from 3/8 cold-rolled', but now the radiator is affected, and the drivetrain has to stretch by 2"...good luck keepin that one balanced with the extra scab piece in that- oy vey, such fun.

the accelerator linkage, the kickdown link all this shmear needs to be tended to-

the ballpeen solution won't be seen on the inside of the vehicle...I don't belive there are any critical areas could chop it with a sawzall then weld pieces in after everthing is fitted.

Actually had a 66 C10 standard cab fitted with a 400 engine. The gas tank was too small- the replacement engine was flawed and had a bad crank, but ran ok. no power steering and crampt quarters and stereo getting stolen every week made me get rid of this buggy.

it had the "granny gear" first gear...really useless. my initial clutch had the "heavy duty" package...what a bust. awful to drive, went back to a standard clutch.

Mine bolted right up, no modifications needed. originally had the 6 cylinder but was fitted with a 400. $500 for the thing...tho the motor let go within the first year, and had to be repaced. still not sure why the need for modification. Automatic Transmission forcing the issue?

6,515

My first question would be, Are you using the correct motor mount to frame bolting holes for the V8 engine ? Are you using the correct engine mounts for a '66 Chevy with V8 engine ? The 283 did not have a problem with valve cover firewall interference from the factory, and a 350 is the same size block. Recheck everything including cab mount locations being in the proper place, using front fender mounts or radiator location as your guide. If you have checked everything and it is correct, then my advice to you would be to use www.summitRacing.com, Trans-Dapt "Performance engine swap motor mounts" # 4691 - $65.99 or something like it. Check out the website as you might find your exact need.

it was califcarson what explained the nuances of the C10...the sloped floor was so a farmer could "bucket wash" the interior....the "granny gear" is suitable for pulling a plow~....so much not understood...fine truck...needed much...illegally hauled over 3 or so tons of roofing...the axles were bending...was tragic but got 'er to the dump...I could kiss her on the grill...sold it to a plumber in Marin county (where I was workin' at the time)~