stalling problem

Asked by Sep 11, 2010 at 06:37 AM about the 1989 Plymouth Acclaim

While drivng down the road, the car just dies. If you wait awhile, it'll start and run again. Could the fuel pump shut of and start again after it cools?

10

Fuel filter

65

it might be youyr fuel pump

50

We're having the same exact problem! Seems to happen when we're going between 10-20 mph most of the time. Once it died while I was driving about 30 mph but before I could even try to start it again, it started on its own! We've had the fuel pump replaced and a modular. Beginning to think it's an electrical problem or maybe just the fuel filter getting clogged up.

50

Well, it's been 11 months since I posted. We replaced numerous things but the pick up control module inside the distributor stopped the above problem. What a relief! After replacing the fuel pump, fuel filter, distributor cap, and other things as well, it kept doing it till we replaced the pick up control module!

I have a 4 cylinder acclaim and its doing the same but it doesn't have an icm