I can't get my hood to open on my 1965 544

Asked by May 09, 2015 at 09:34 AM about the 1965 Volvo PV544

When I operate hood lever in car, I hear a noise under hood, but it does not release, can you

help me ?

somehow- the hood must be opened by hand and the cable replaced- might be easier on a classic like that- might not-

Are you sure that the lever you are pulling is for the hood? Most vintage cars' hoods open from the outside. HTH. -Jim

First off, there is no cable, the lever under the dash in the middle is directly connected to the hood latch hook. The hood opens forward, from the windshield end.There is no outside latching device. If you still can't get it open, you may find you have some hood misalignment. If that's the case try lifting and flexing the hood, that should release it from the latching hook. GOOD LUCK!!