can I retrieve my former questions and answers

65

Asked by Jan 24, 2015 at 12:29 PM about the 1999 Chrysler 300M

still having same problems with 300m from
about a year ago

Yes. Click 'My account" then "Question activity" scroll down

4,725

what is your problem with your 300M

Best Answer
65

hi John thanksthis is a long story so I'm going to try to use broken sentences problem starts four years ago junkyard or with bad lock cylinder causing alarm problems and interior light problems killing batterydidn't have money for Junkyard Partscut alarm wires going to sensors pink and blue I think joined them seem to work a long time after thatcar always restart eventually 90 percent sure ignition problem check ignition switch nothingfrom beginning interior lights would go on and off door locks up and down bells ringing motor sometimes restarting sometimes notTPS code.rrplaced with used seem to work for a while problem goes away for months and then comes backsometimes a reboot will make it startsometimes a three or five on theignition key will make it start car has infinity aftermarket alarm and remote start that never had a problem but didn't work after I put the door on there's also two white wires that come up the steering column and are zip tied to the ignition switch and they end with a little black ball haven't checked yet to see where those two wires are coming from wonder if that takes care of the chip when starting remotely I'm lost if I didn't know better I would say I didn't know anything one service manager said cam sensor someone else said something about something near the right hand valve cover temperature device possibly

65

sorry about the sloppiness I can clarify if you needed smartphone not smart enough though I guess.

65

fill you in a little bit four years ago I started having serious bipolar problems couldn't remember anything sleep deprivation left the air cleaner off of my van and the 300 I'm probably for a year and a half the butterfly on 300 M is now greezy going to remove and cleandoesn't seem like that would make a motor. Die like turning the light switch off though motor never stumbles or struggles just dies

4,725

for starts I would remove the aftermarket alarm completely they put a key in the box that is programmed to your car (uncut) but it might be messing up the rolling code between the two keys ...also make sure your battery is good they computers need to have 12 volts in to keep them running ....other than that it might be a bad crank sensor ...with out a scan tool to monitor sensors and stuff its hard to say what it is

65

good .. I do have a scan tool can you check and see if that double white wire coming up the column and ending with a little black ball that is laying underneath my ignition switch not plugged into anything part of the aftermarket system

65

what is "the box" and buy two codes do you mean the code that the alarm system would have had versus the code that the original OE system. Had.?

65

so With an aftermarket alarm system do they give you a new key. coded differently than the OEthe alarm company has a help line I should probably try that too maybe this is common

65

Good answer . a buddy told me that he could scan the body module. I think we're also using one of the old keys. thanks a lot ,was there ever an aftermarket car alarm that didn't cause problems????!!!

20

the wire going up your steering column to the ignition lockthis is the emulator that goes to your alarm and it tells the car that the key is there and allows it to start if you have remote start you have a box down under the steering column with a program key that is uncut this allows you to start the car remotely this is if you have a car that has a chip in the key otherwisethat emulator is there to read your chip and tell the car that I can start

65

Thank you for some reason I have not checked out this box and key but I did remove the alarm system and wondering about all those wire Junction if it should be removed in Saturday would you please check my latest question