springs and axles

5

Asked by Jan 29, 2011 at 12:50 PM about the 1985 Jeep CJ7

can I  switch the axles from under springs to on top ?

535

Yes you can it will lift it about 6 inches. Just order a axle flip kit for the cj7

6,595

If you do this it screws with the caster angle real bad....makes it squirrley. Like riding a bicycle w/the handle bars backwards. I worked on a scrambler set up this way...lift kit, balloon tires. I swear my a$$ was gonna tear the cover off the seat. All over the road. I had to drive it several times...Each one just as scarey as the one before....lol Ive been told you have to cut the axle tube to get proper caster angle, and pinion to drive shaft angle. then weld it back.