Lost my driver side hub on my 84 jeep

Asked by Dec 16, 2017 at 12:39 PM about the 1984 Jeep CJ-7

Lost my hub while up in the snow and I got
stuck in 2 wheel drive need to know if there
is a way I can lock my jeep in so I can rescue
it

119,935

If the hub is broken you will have to fix it. Bummer.

It is broken though? Just the locking assembly is gone the spring is even still siting on the hub

119,935

You would know better than I since you can see it. I am taking your word for it. I think you need a tow.

119,935

I would probably go and buy a new set of hubs and install them.

It isn't broken though? It was just the 5 bolt locking assembly that vibated off the spring is even still sitti g on the hub? What I'm asking is there any way I can lock the one hub in with out the the locker being there like us there somthing I can turn becaus rthe others side can go in just fine just don't wanna burn up the gears in my front end

That's the thing wherw I live the closest auto parts is 98 miles and then I would have to wait w weeks for them to order it need to figure out something I can do to put it in four wheel drive

119,935

If you have an open differential only one side will turn if the other is in a ditch or something. This is Normal. Install chains and see what happens.

37,855

Well ain't this place a geographical oddity. Two weeks from everywhere! - Ulysses. Winch it or tow it out. Hard for any of us to say if you can still lock a hub with part of it missing.

119,935

If you want to argue about this, argue with someone who can actually look at it.