1984 Jeep CJ7 - What it is worth?

Asked by Aug 10, 2012 at 06:14 PM about the 1984 Jeep CJ7

I bought this 1984 Jeep CJ7 at an estate sale.  Everything is original.  Even the tires.  The interior looks like it did the day it was driven off of the lot. It was never driven in the Summer, with limited snow driving. It was been stored for that last 17 years.  Runs great.  It has 11,700 original miles.  5 speed, straight 6, Hardtop has never been off (still has factory seal in place, original AM radio, no cracks in seats, original carpet looks brand new, tachometer, clock, steel doors.  Wondering what realistic price range this would sell for.

1,315

Best bet is to research Ebay and Craigslist, see what they are selling for. NADA has it between $6-11k, depending on mileage, condition, etc. Look for rust, especially in body tub, fenderwells, etc. These were bad about rusting out. The under 12 k miles is amazing, but it is still a 28 year old truck. Rubber parts, like radiator hoses, grease seals, vacuum lines will be brittle and need replaced, and brake parts corrode from sitting, so wheel cylinders, master cylinders, and even the metal lines themselves, not to mention flex lines, will likely need replaced. Also, check for corrosion in the radiator, as sitting for years like that will etch water passages in cylinder heads, etc. Those had aluminum water pumps, which also will corrode from sitting... Good Luck!