1977 jeep cj-7

Asked by Apr 04, 2010 at 11:11 AM about the 1977 Jeep CJ7

I am having trouble starting my jeep, i have changed the plugs and wires the cap and rotor the coil and ignition
modual and i stil do not have any spark from coil????
There seems to be elecrticity to coil from battery but will not spark, am i missing something???
It ran great and just stopped, i thought for sure it was something simple but now i am confused

25

I've got a '78 jeep cj7, golden eagle w/ 360 engine. I've got th same problem but I've had this happen before. This time I didn't think about a part that is right up under your nose. If you look over on the driver side wheel well there is a square metal looking box. Can't remember the name of this module but if you disconnect it and filp it over it's full of a waxy substance. Don't remove the wax when you get the new one. but you can take it to the parts place ( I got mine at advance auto) and it may fix the problem. This is what I have to do today and hopefully mine will crank. I've had this jeep 19 years and this had been a problem in the past, sometimes with the length of time you own something, problems tend to reoccur. If you want to contact me directly my e-mail is exchangefactor@yahoo.com. I also have jeepsters friends that I can swap stuff with or ask questions, but my jeep has been something that I have always worked on by myself so I have learned a lot thru trial and error. Hope this helps......LIZ Foster

25

thought I would let you know that Monday I got my jeep up and running, of course I had to ask for help and my ex-husband jumped at the chance to work on my jeep. So after 4 hours we got it running. Had to replace the battery, battery cable (positive) and then replaced the fuel pump and fuel line. But I did replace the starter, coil and solanoid before he came to work on it. hope this helps....LIZ