ok sounds good my next ? is the car is a 3 owner car i have the car fax all seems well the engine is solid as a rock , however i took it to get an oil change and they recommended and engine flush

Asked by Feb 07, 2013 at 12:05 PM about the 2000 Chrysler LHS

my car when i press on the gas it takes a second to kick in or accelerate tune up ?

They are tryin' to goose you for the juice, say thanks, and walk slowly to the nearest exit. Oil filters are there for a reason, what am I in Kindy-garden?

to answer your question, something's kinda worn by the third owner...just a guess, probably a snapped cheap plastic non-critical component or a-tother, would have to dig in with some attention to accelerator linkage, I think this buggy still has a cable, not a transducer box with actuator, so the cable's ability to stay where it is and not be jostled around with each use, creating this one star movie. get in there look at the accelerator linkage to see if any clamps are sleepin' on the job and tighten ahoy...would be my recommendation. please hit best answer if it is.

89,915

When you take your car in for a oil change, they try to sell you everything. You don't need a engine flush unless the last owner never changed the oil. You probably don't need a fuel system cleaner, a transmission flush or new brake fluid. If you do need some of those services, take it to a independent shop with a mechanic you trust.

and ramonfree was there something wrong with the linkage, or is it a pedal goes into the box situation?