How do you free off brakelights that are permanently stuck on?

Asked by Mar 11, 2011 at 06:26 AM about the 2000 Chrysler Grand Voyager

I have looked at the sensor switch touching the brake pedal and it seems free enough, could it be a relay fault?

3,235

It could possibly be a relay, but the switch is most likely unable to open all the way. To see if it is a relay, locate the relay for that circuit using a wiring diagram or parts locater, and have someone listen for it to click open and closed as you press the brake pedal.

Hi Jonathan, after further investigation it appears the pedal is not touching the switch, the spring must be worn slightly on the pedal, as a short fix and to get the lights to go off so it is driveable I have packed a bit of card around the pedal in line with the switch...that works. thanks for your reply