Overheating after new fuel pump

Asked by Feb 09, 2015 at 06:29 PM about the 2000 Chrysler 300M

2000 300M: My car overheated a couple of times; when it broke down the 3rd time, the gas was running out really fast and it cut off. After putting gas in it, it still would not drive properly you had to keep pumping the gas pedal non stop. Also after starting it after putting the gas in it, fluid leaked from under the car in the front. I was told later on it needs a fuel pump by several people. I just got one put in today and the fuel line was replaced. On my way home from the shop, mind you I don't live 10 minutes away if that, I noticed the thermostat light came on and that it was approaching hot. I haven't driven the car since October of 2013 and it was basically sitting for that time. What is most likely the problem(s) and about what would it cost me to repair? I've been told by a friend I need to get a new compressor (the doesn't work), but I believe there was another reason given I don't remember though. Also, it's been suggested maybe a new thermostat or radiator...Please help me go in the right direction.

Ray Ortiz

it is very possible that your heater hose assembly may be leaking and this is located underneath the right side of the intake somewhere near you or a transmission dipstick if you put fluid into your reservoir and water starts leaking out you will see it starting to trickle out depending on how bad the leak is you must locate your leak if it is a front near the radiator you'll notice it dripping if it is near the reservoir it is your heater hose assembly and if its not leaking at all and overheating check your oil to make sure that there is no antifreeze mixed in with it if there is antifreeze mixed in with your oil then you need a head gasket and good luck