i have a 98 tdi and it has developed a problem with the abs firstly the abs comes on under normal braking, other times the abs light comes on and braking is normal . help please

Asked by Feb 01, 2012 at 04:48 PM about the 1998 Volkswagen Sharan

abs comes on at any time ,and other times its fine . also sometimes the abs light comes on and braking is fine

25

read the DTC first, comonly it can be faulty wheel sensor or wire harness from sensor to wire connector....that is most common problem... but read DTC first. it will give you a clue brakes will always work, only if the lamp is on ABS wont! greets

10

flush braking system.

195

id go with elvis as i had this problem once on a 2000 audi a4 1.8t. The wire to the sensor was badly frayed and causing intermittent problems with braking. Found one on ebay for around £20 and after it was fine. Just be sure to get errors cleared afterwards from the ecu to stop the light bothering you