Fog lights stay on.

Asked by Jun 25, 2007 at 05:35 PM about the 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser

Fog lights stay on after lights are turned off. Fog lights will go off if turn indicator is placed in left turn position.  Why???

Sounds like you've got some loose or crossed wiring that is causing the lights to stay on even when you shut them off. You may want to remove the fuse for the lights so that your battery doesn't get least until you figure out the issue.

A weak area in the Cruiser is the multifuntion switch, Headlamp,turn signal switch is all in one. If you are still under warranty, good, If not, they are not that hard to install.

Yes, the multifunction switch is a frequent replacement item. There's a lot going on there, so to speak, and they tend to wear out.

i got the same problem, fog lights still on then off when the left signal was on. now they stay on all the time, had to disconnect the battery and they stayed on!! had to remove the fuse. problem is I have no headlights until i put the fuze back in.

your problem is the multifunction switch, replace it

Hello, My turn signal glitched out as well on my 03 PT Cruiser so the fog lights would turn on/off as I would touch the turn indicator. Just open the fuse panel under the steering wheel to the left where I noticed the back of the fuse panel indicated that fuse #8 is for the fog lights. Simply pull this fuse and test it out so the fog lights wont give you a dead battery. (test it out after you pull the fuse) Your other option would be to pay to have the signal indicator replaced.

where is the fuse I need to pull on my 2003 pt cruiser

Thanks for your help guys. I pulled fuse #8 and that solved battery drain issue on my 03 PT Cruiser. The fog light is now permanently off and battery is working fine.