My '01 LHS is @ a mechanic right now to replace the ecm (all my left spark plugs aren't firing) and the diagnostic check is showing ecm failure. They're giving me a part price of $550 for the module..

Asked by Aug 29, 2010 at 12:17 PM about the 2001 Chrysler LHS

plus 85 for the flash and another est 85 install.  I checked for myself on the price of these and haven't found any albeit remanufactured or new for more than 300 plus the core. And they aren't even including the core in that quote since they'll already have it in hand when they replace it.  The tech did tell me that I had a 'special' ecm that had to be in the car for them to program it, so I couldn't install it myself. So I had to pay $100 to tow it there.  When I search for a compatible ecm for my car, all results show an ecm that can be programmed via VIN# alone.  1- would an ecm that needs to be in the car to be flashed cost more than one that doesn't? 2- I can't find a price on one that does have to be flashed during install and that kind seems to be out of stock everywhere. Does it seem right that it would cost that much more? 3- Does it seem right that my yr/ make/ model was manufactured with 2 different types? Also they said they won't know till they put it in but the problem I have probably caused damage to something else(can't remember the part), that connects between spark plugs and the ecm that'll be another upper 300, lower 400 for the part + 85 labor. Anyone know what that may be and if the $ sounds right?

Please help me.. I get the damages tomarrow and need to know if I'm being screwed!!!