How much is a first year production (1978) completely overhauled Porsche 928 be worth?2

Asked by Nov 01, 2010 at 07:13 AM about the 1978 Porsche 928

Manual or 3 speed Auto ?

The 5 speed manual is quite hard to find now and will always be worth more than the 3 speed auto

A 1978 first year production Porshe 928 does not come in Automatic. It is a 5 gear gearbox.

Sorry Lincoln you are totally wrong in the UK for instance there was 44 manuals and 80 auto's sold in 1978 auto's have always been sold in greater numbers than manuals hence manuals are harder to find and bring more money now.

This depends on the country you are buying it in and the condition/mileage/options/colour/need of the seller to get rid etc etc etc. Too many unknown factors to give a price here. Check your country's main car pricing guides

The colour is per the original colour - petrol blue which is quite rare these days. I took delivery of the car from Porsche's factory in Stuggart and ran it in on the Autobahn and Austrian Alps down to Italy before shipping it to Asia. It is currently in Singapore but I'll absorb the freight cost to any country.

OK, I am also in SGP. I guess the car is LHD and has run out of COE? Most countries I know of don't place much value on early 928 cars, unlike early 911's. eg in the UK, I can buy good early 928's for less than $5k SGP, and very good condition 1990's cars for less than $10k SGP. Your best bet may be Australia or SE Asia if its RHD, or USA/Canada if LHD, but don't expect much money in either place. As an imported car, I really doubt you'll get more than $5k anywhere. How much are you hoping to get?

My Porsche 928 is RHD and has been restored to mint condition. It has COE and Road tax paid so it can used on the road anytime. This is the last 928 on the road in Singapore. The first year edition of the 928 is unique in the sense that it does not have the ugly rubber door trims nor spoilers. Purists would appreciate this. I am just testing market as to what I can get. This car has a lot of sentimental value to me and I don't really intend to sell it until it becomes a vintage car. It is rare to see a 928 on the road especially the first year production model. Thank you for all your feedback. Much appreciated.

Lincoln I have a 1979 5 speed manual that I restored I would want $45,000 for it I spent over AU$50k on the restoration 12 months ago

hi I am new here I just bought a 1978 Porsche 928 to restore and was wondering about the value pre rest and post. the body Is excellent the interior front seats are excellent with the rest needing to be replaced and has not been started for sevverat years anyideas