Have you heard of a 1973 Karmann Ghia Sports Edition?

Asked by Jun 03, 2012 at 01:38 AM about the 1973 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia

293,875

I found this on a VW forum........."There's no official numbers as to how many were made. I've heard it said that there were somewhere between a few hundred and maybe as many as 3,000 of them made. They came in coupe and convertible versions, and they were only officially sold in the USA. All sport Ghia's are Saturn yellow with a black stripe kit. They share the same wheels and steering wheel with the Sport Bug, but they did not get the Recaro seats that the Bug got. "

355

http://www.sunsetclassics.com/1973-karmann-ghia- convertible/images/1973-karmann-ghia-convertible.jpg wrong colour though

Yes I owned one way back when. They were known as a Limited Edition they made 150 of them. I don't know if any are in existance. If they are probably in Fla. Or California. You are correct they were all Saturn Yellow with the sport stripes. Alloy wheels, formula very shifter, wood grain dashboard. I have been looking for ten years and have not located any.

20

I have a yellow 1973 VW Ghia in my garage. It is the sport model. I bought it for my son in the 1990s. I want to sell it. The title is in my name. It hasn't been driven in 10 years. Let me know if you are interested. My email is traveldad49@gmail.com