Looking For A Honest Reliable Mechanic Who Works On Vintage VWs

Asked by Jun 16, 2011 at 10:36 PM about the 1973 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia

I have a non-running Karman Ghia that I would like to have worked on so that I can drive it ocassionally.  Right now it is just sitting in my garage and hasn't been started in a couple of years.  I live in the area northeast of Atlanta in Duluth GA.  

Thanks
Mike

30

I had a lime-green Karman Ghia in college. Any decent VW Beetle mechanic can fix it because the car is just a Bug with a different body. Do a Google search for air-cooled VW mechanics in your area and see what comes up.

Let me know if you find someone.... I have a 1970 Ghia Convertible that sat for 7 years and want to get it started. Thanks, Gary from Alpharetta ("mystere431@gmail.com")

555

Hello, I know where Duluth is. I had a '71 KG and completely restored it. (engine, tranny, interiors, gauges, electric, etc.) Too bad I'm in Puerto Rico, but I can give you some advice.

Hello, my name is Russell Cofer. I work at European Motor Cars in Alpharetta/Cumming. I've been working on aircooled VW's for 41 years. If you need a honest, knowledgeable mechanic that knows aircooled inside and out please give us a call @ 770-664-9222. Also see our website europeanmotorcars.net