RPM, MPH dash lights going out

55

Asked by Mar 18, 2009 at 02:22 AM about the 2002 Chrysler Sebring

I have a 2002 sebring 4 door. For some reason evey once in awhile my dash lights where the rpm and mpr gauges are go out. The rest of the dash lights like radio and air controlls stay on. It just seems to do it when ever it wants to. Had a couple different people look at it and no one is able to find out why this is happening...

65

Could it possibly be the PCM (power control mod.)? Recently my BCM (body control mod.) went out after an "unfortunate cross-polarity" incident (i.e. incorrect jump-start). And my radio, dome lights & pwr door locks won't work until that get's replaced. From what I understand, the PCM will control the more "necessary" items like dash lights. head lights, trans/eng...etc. And the BCM controls things like the radio/alarm/int lights...etc. FYI, I'm not a mechanic so please take all of this with a grain of salt. I'm also looking for advice on the right way to replace that BCM unit without having a dealer bend me over.

55

That helps out.. Anything I can get on this will help.. It is just really annoying going down the highway and they go out on you.. My cruise control quit working also. It kinda sound like what you are talking about could be a good possibility.. Thank you for the info...

60

I'm having the same problem with my dash lights going out in my 2002 Sebring 4 Door. Any ideas or resolution?

10

I have 2002 sebring with similar problem. Took it to Chrysler dealer. They have to order a PCM from USA and cannot guarantee if it would work. Cost approx $1000 - consumer pays if it works or not !!. Then they say a diagnostic needs be done cost $100 / hour and may take say 3 hrs. If anyone knows a mechanic who can replace the pcm and make the car work - I really appreciate it. My speedometer goes out of whack, transmission shuts down, steering wheel locks. It's a shame that I have only 15 clicks and the car is already looking like it's off to the scrap yard. I am telling all my friends to stay away from Chrysler. I purchase a Honda 1998 with 298 clicks to get to work for now, but it works fine. What is the use of having a Chrysler all beautiful but does not move.

I had the same problem after the car had been jumped started. I did not want to pay to get the issues fixed I checked all the fuses and connections no fix. Well my battery died again so when I jumped started it again all the dash lights started working it must been a stuck relay/PCM module. Hope this helps everyone!

40

Try this $3 EZ solution

50

idk for sure but my dash now does this no jump starting involved i looked it up and on the dash assembly on the back side its like a computer board the connections tend to burn you can resolider them