Electrical problem pt cruiser 2002

Asked by Mar 30, 2018 at 04:26 PM about the 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser

Hello anybody knows why dashboard lights turn
off. Also my lock buttons stopped working and my
headlights also turned off, any advise??

4,030

It seems that your headlamp/multifunction switch is common for all three problems, in other words, there is a connection. I can't say that replacing that switch will fix everything? With switches, I try to bypass switch by using a jumper wire on proper wire colors to see if component starts working, if it does, then I suspect the switch has a problem. If you have dimmer for interior lamps, try rotating the other way to see if cluster lamps come back on? At your headlamp connector, did you check voltage and ground? The black wire is ground, the other two wires are voltage for hi and lo beam. You can use a test light to check voltage and ground.