13 Lug rear wheels

Asked by Apr 14, 2013 at 03:32 AM about the 1967 Pontiac Catalina

I remember a friends old 67 Catalina with 8 lug front wheels and 13 lug (8 outer ring & 5 inner ring) rear wheels but some mechanic friends of mine say that I must be mistaken?...
Did some Pontiacs and/ or other GM models have 13 lug rear wheels?
It was a 67 400 4bbl, 2 door drop top with rear skirts.

You must be mistaken...take a few pictures, then we'll believe you~

No such animal.. it may be is an adapter from 8 lug to 5 this is a 67 Catalina wheel......... I too an interested in pictures

102,725

Pontiac had what was known as the eight lug wheel. Five lugs held it the hub. Eight lugs held the outer rim. Here's a $3500 set for sale on eBay - http://www.ebay.com/itm/1960-TO-1968-RESTORED-RELINED- SHOW-QUALITY-PONTIAC-8-LUG-DRUMS-AND-WHEELS- /200913722841? pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec7641dd9&vx p=mtr Plenty more pictures -- http://images.info.com/searchw?page=8&qkw=pontiac+8+lug+wheels

Okay. learn something everyday. Had no idea TS

and they took down my picture already,,geez is there any public domain at all? It was just a wheel and tire of a '67 Catalina. whitewall, typical 60's

102,725

The 8 lug wheels went away when disc brakes arrived. From what I see, the inner part was a brake drum. I saw some that became expensive wall clocks.

13 Left-Hand lugnuts, on the left side of the car.

Thanks for all your help guys. I found what I was looking for!

I can't believe that there are people out there who still care about this! This design is over fifty-five years old and has been unused by GM for decades.