Instrument panel Bulb replacement

Asked by Apr 15, 2011 at 12:54 AM about the 1966 Pontiac Catalina

The Light for my instrument panel has burned out and I am having trouble finding it so I can replace it. Does anyone have any pointers?

finding the bulb in your panel or finding a replacement bulb?

Alissa, I cant find the bulb in my panel, I have a hard time under looking under the dash since i had back surgery. I really have to contort myself to get a good view under the dash. Thanks for your advice. Avery

the gaudge cluster has to come out to replace the bulbs.

How do I get the Gauges out without removing the whole dash? I took off the dash cover and found 2 bulbs, but I don't know how many more there are. Can you illustrate? I have a 66 Catalina repair manual coming as soon as E-bay can send it, but they are taking forever.

all u have to do is take the trim around cluster out,4 bolts to cluster to remove ,unhook speedo cable pull out.

I will give it a try, i will hopefully have my 66 Catalina repair guide here by the weekend. I hope that I will finally be able to work on this car without having to wait on reply's to my posts. Thanks to all of those who have given tips on how to work on my Catalina, If there is anything I can do to help you, do not hesitate to contact me.

we answer as quick as we can,rember we have lives other than here,hope u get it fixed soon,really it is not a hard job to do.