trying to find out how much my my motor is worth its the rare 421 big block super duty bored 60 over with racing heads

Asked by Jan 04, 2015 at 05:09 PM about the 1961 Pontiac Catalina

i'm told it's very rare engine my dad took it out of his race car back in the 60's stored it
ever since now its mine and i was told it's worth a lot of money.he took it out of a 61
Catalina built 60 over with racing heads. Then he put it in his 1964 GTO and wrapped it
around a telephone pole took the motor out scrapped the car n kept the motor ever since

545

It is a rare motor, but the fact that is is so old and has already been bored so deeply may make the block useless as it is likely rusted and would need boring again. But I doubt it can be as you can only cut so deep. The heads can likely be reworked though. Just me opinion and I am no expert.

4,215

In 1961 it was one of Pontiac's top dogs but with its rough history it probably is past its monetary peak. Unusual paperweight though!