Help

10

Asked by Jul 09, 2017 at 09:44 PM about the 1960 Pontiac Catalina

Can my 1960 Catalina run with just a master
cylinder for my brakes?

74,565

What does that mean? You still need all the other brake parts.

10

I was asking my neighbor about installing a booster and master cylinder for me, he stated thated I really didn't need the booster just the master cylinder as long as I have all good lines and everything else is good all the way around. Is that so?

74,565

Did the car come with a brake booster originally? If you have never drive an old car without a booster you will be in for a shock at how much braking effort it takes to stop.

10

I will need to research it and see if it came with it originally, I have never driven an old car so I'm trying to make sure I get all the info I can. When I purchased the car it didn't have neither booster or cylinder.

74,565

You want the booster, really you do.

10

OK, that's what I needed to know. What about power steering? It was an option on that car

74,565

You will probably want the power steering too.

10

Cool beans, that's what I figured. Thanks so much.