Why is my 1970 baja revving up so high and not accelerating.it's kinda ok in first but going in second it revs up go to third Same thing any body's help would be much appreciated thanks

Asked by May 20, 2015 at 12:21 AM about the 1970 Volkswagen 1600

I have no free play in the pedal I think it might be room tight but now it's not going anywhere

1,455

Sounds like you're describing a slipping clutch. Does the pedal have freeplay initially or maybe it's adjusted too tight.

1,455

The clutch cable is adjusted by a wing nut on the transmission near the left rear wheel. Loosen it so theres an inch or so of play and see if the slippage ceases.

Well I just put a knew clutch in it.but Ya the cable might be to tight